Saturday, August 6, 2011

NOAA Teacher at Sea Program - Hydrographic Surveying Cruise in Alaska

Well my summer adventures have come to a close, but I'm not done yet! I head up to Alaska for my NOAA hydrographic surveying cruise on September 4th until the 22nd. I am really looking forward to this experience because it ties in perfectly with my 6th grade science and social studies curriculum as we study oceans, our atmosphere, and maps. I don't have a lot of background knowledge in the studies of our oceans so I am excited to learn first hand, and then take back the information immediately to the students. I also have to keep a blog during this trip so I can communicate what I am doing with the students and the community. http://teacheratsea.wordpress.com/category/noaa-teacher-at-sea-2/kaci-heins/ Make sure you and your students check it out and ask me questions along the way! I want to try and make it as interactive as possible with schools across the country. I hope I hear from you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment